Your septic tank can fill up faster than you might think. Even though microorganisms work at decomposing the solids in the septic tank, over time it builds up and needs to be pumped. Normally, you can expect to have your tank pumped every 3 to 5 years, depending on how many people live in the home and how often the toilet, showers, dishwasher, washing machine and garbage disposal are being used.
Some signs that it’s time to call Royal Plumbing and get your septic tank pumped out are:
- If your drains are draining slowly, it could be from a clogged pipe, or it could be the septic tank is at the full level.
- When you notice a putrid or sewage smell coming from any of your drains, the toilet, or drain field around the septic tank. Once your septic tank gets filled up to the top, the gasses and odors start to leach out.
- Should you notice any sewage back-up coming into your home, this presents a dangerous situation as it’s toxic. Hopefully we can get your septic tank pumped before this happens.
- Have you seen standing water in your yard even though it hasn’t rained in a while? This could be a sign your septic tank is overflowing.
- If there is a lot of new green grass growth around your septic tank area, that can be another sign of an overflow that is causing the grass to get fertilized.
If you aren’t sure when you last had your septic tank pumped and/or have noticed some of the above listed signs, we encourage you to get in touch with Royal Plumbing in Anderson, CA right away to schedule an appointment. It’s better to get your tank pumped out rather than risk an overflow of your septic tank.